Break It To Make It (BITMI) is a unique program that assists incarcerated and formerly incarcerated individuals successfully reintegrate into their communities and achieve long-term self-sufficiency through the arts, higher education, and rehabilitative services. This program provides a variety of support and services using a collaborative model composed of three organizations: Los Angeles City College, The Strindberg Laboratory, and The Los Angeles Mission.
With guidance and support focused on education, rehabilitation, and re-entry, BITMI participants will break free from the negative stigmas associated with incarceration to empower and make themselves successful in their academic careers and as productive citizens of their communities.
What It Provides
Los Angeles Mission
- Case Management
- Students pursue learning opportunities
- Housing, food, clothing, mental & legal assistance
- Educational component in discipleship, academic & life skills
- Spiritual support
- Substance abuse & mental health counseling
- Job training
- Job/Career development
- Community support system
Los Angeles City College
- Academic Support
- Financial Assistance (Fee Waivers & Book Vouchers)
- College Credited Theater Training Workshops
- Credited Theater Training Workshops.
Want More Information or Need Immediate Assistance?
For immediate assistance please call the Los Angeles Mission toll free at: